Food Service Field Practice (Tagaytay Travel)

Monday, June 6, 2016




Now to our last phase - Food Service Field Practice. Of all the fields of nutrition, this may have been the phase that I have least interest on. My heart just doesn’t beat for it. Though I still try to find little joys in what we do at this phase, but I just can’t imagine myself engaging in Food Service years from now.

Looking on the bright side, I’ve learned a lot of things! From peeling, chopping and dispatching in the kitchen to applying time and motion principle in the bar. I actually enjoyed what we did at the restaurant. The staffs there were very welcoming. I was Sandara Park for 2 ½ weeks. :))


Here, I learned more of myself. For someone so thirsty for adventures, travelling without anyone with me is not a hindrance in discovering places. Why wouldn’t you travel solo when it: boosts your confidence, gives you time for self discovery and freedom to do whatever you want at your own pace?

Not travelling is like staying inside a cave when you're just one step away from paradise. It's as if you're blinding yourself in the beauty in front of you. I realized that we humans have always been born to love. Love people, places, nature .. ♥ Why not remove all those excuses, go out, have fun and do something spontaneous?


I told my dad about my whole experience at this phase, including those outside of duty, and he told me to read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. It was a story about a seagull who behaved differently from the others. More than anything, he loved flying. Unlike other gulls who only flew as a means of getting food, he was in pursuit of excellence. Perfection of knowledge. 

As I was reading it, I realized there's nothing wrong with being different. You don't always have to go with the flow. Only dead fish go with the flow. There will be those who'll tell you don't do that, you can't do that, you shouldn't do that and so on, but in the end of the day those are just voices. It's up to you who you'll listen to. You decide whether to live your life stagnant or a cool roller coaster ride!


Feel free to click on the links below to see the whole post :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...